Sign in to follow this  
suayadmin

Why WATCH makes us appreciate mechanical watches

https://marco.org/2016/02/05/watch

4th paragraph - nails exactly my problems with my WATCH - which I will probably be selling and getting rid of, before long. WATCH is an intended, if not forced, solution for something that isn't a problem. As contraire, in our increasingly digital world, we (at lest, I) tend to crave and appreciate a big of hi-touch, to compensate for our hi-tech environment. This isn't to say that, if the WATCH had better software, and as Marco points out, did less and did it better, that it couldn't find a place on my wrist. Maybe. Eventually.

Right now, it's a misguided, flawed product - with no indication of having any intention of addressing its flaws, yet instead heaping potentially more on top of it. As such, it is very reminiscent of much of the current direction of Apple. :-(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454775663.400014.jpg

(picture of my current mechanical watch - a Skagen titanium minimalist wristwatch - I like links wristband , I like titanium, and (on watches) I like thin - and this one is extremely thin. Maybe if Apple explored titanium for its watch cases I'd get more interested)